With his clarion call of “Ukulima Sio Ushamba”
Caleb is on a mission to shift smallholder farmers
from practicing Agriculture, to the more
Caleb Karuga is a farmer who specializes in poultry, dairy goats, horticulture, beekeeping, and fishing. He has been a sought-after Agribusiness Consultant, Mentor, and Corporate Events Moderator in the region, with over a decade of experience in the agriculture industry. Over the hears, he has partnered with companies like Safaricom PLC, where he served as the BLAZE BYOB Agribusiness Mentor for three years and was also the lead facilitator for the Blaze Master Classes on Agribusiness.
Caleb was chosen as a mentor in the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization’s ‘Rural Youth Migration, Social Protection, and Sustainable Value Chain Growth’ program, a position he continues to play to this day.
Before embracing Agribusiness, he was an award-winning TV personality with K24 Television, where he worked for six years as a Senior Features Reporter
and TV Host. Its on this backdrop that he was head-hunted by Al Jazeera Television to host the award-winning Environmental Show, ‘Earthrise’.
Other corporate clients he has worked with include:
- ABSA Kenya – Moderator for ‘SMEs in Conversation’ County Forums in 2019
- Daily Nation – Moderator for ‘Seeds of Gold’ Farm Clinics – Focus is on smallholder poultry farmers in Kiambu County
- YALTA Kenya – Moderator for World Food Day event
- KENARAVA – Moderator for KENARAVA Corporate Dinner
- AGRA (Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa) – Agri-business influencer for the AGRF conference in Rwanda
- Lundin Foundation – Trainer and Mentor for Poultry Value Chain Project, Turkana County
- Wendy Farms – Founder, CEO and Consultant – Poultry, Dairy Goat, Horticulture, Bee and Fish consultant